This topic has been neglected and ignored by many for the obvious reason that anyone who will honestly seek for the real answer will find it neatly and clearly defined in the Bible, and with that, the hardest part is making a decision that will totally change a lifestyle especially those who are still being dictated by the fashion of this world.
For many years of our christian life this is my burden and am sure of many like us who’s lifestyle is zero when it comes to a christian way of life since we really came from the darkside of the world, you know what I mean. This has been a struggle for my wife and growing teenage boy and girls, but the Lord really is at work in our lives we were invited to an old fashion baptist camp meeting and there we have seen with our own eyes how the host church really demonstrate for God’s glory how and why it is necessary to observe how a christian live with it.
Here are some scriptures that really change our view without any argument inside of my household because we find it written in the Book.:
1 Timothy 2:9 ” In like manner also, that women adore themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;”
Comment: How are we going to define what and how to determine a modest apparel?, well we of course a Bible believer knows where to get the answer.The Bible is God’s instruction for us to live righteous in this present world and the issue of clothing is the first thing that God dealt with Adam and Eve right after sinning.
- Genesis 3:7 ” And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons”
- As soon as they died spiritually they were stripped naked losing the light of righteousness (Psa.104:2) and remedied it by sewing an apron which they knew is not enough and appropriate in the sight of God, that’s why they still hide though having that apron, knowing that it is still nakedness. (Genesis 3:8-10)
- Genesis 3:21 ” Unto Adam and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.”
- Indeed! they knew it, God is not satisfied with aprons, so he clothed them, and clothing means to cover the fleshy part. Having some parts of the body is still nakedness in man’s common sense and God’s divine standard.
- Clothing is Covering:
- Job 24:7 ” They cause the naked to lodge without clothing, that they have no covering in the cold.”
- Job 31:19 ” If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, or any poor without covering;”
- 1COR.11:15 ” But if a woman have long hair, it is glory to her:for her hair is given her for a covering.”
- Comment: The hair of a woman is picturing the woman’s subjection to her husband as the church to it’s head which is Christ,(1Cor.11:1-15) this is the truth of the doctrine of the body being winessed in the life of every christian women, manifesting the life received and being used by God in showcasing to the angels which are in heavenly places.( 1 Cor.11:10)
These are Bible truths that form part of “the fellowship of the mystery” that is being witnessed here on earth and in heaven (Ephesians 3:9,10) The fellowship of the body to the head.
Dress,Clothing is not an issue about morals, but a doctrinal one it is not for any man to decide what is good in his mind or sight, but what is good and pleasing to God and only the scripture can show what we ought to follow as saved people who were redeemed by his blood (1Cor.6:19,20>” What ? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” :>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hair and Modest Apparel